Wednesday, April 16, 2008

What's all the HuBub about Oprah

Giant Disclaimer here: I do not watch Oprah nor sway either way on her views. But...

I was reading the book "A New Earth - Awakening to Your Life's Purpose" by Eckhart Tolle and received an email (FW: watch this...stuff) about the book. Normally those type emails go straight to the trash bin and the sender to Internet Hell, but in this case I read it because it had something about the book.

The video was something about Oprah getting in to it on her show about Christianity, believing in God and so forth. Second Disclaimer: I am a Christian so don't start jumping my case - yet.

Anyway, IMHO and that's what counts here, the book is not about believing in one specific faith. You can apply it to any religion or way of life. The fact he talks about Christianity, Islam, Bhuddism and so forth doesn't really try to "covert" you one way or another.

The book is really just a view on life. I am not saying that I agree with everything but it certainly is not denouncing or promoting any one religion.

Feel free to let me have it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment