Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Video now on Flickr

Flickr has made the leap to video...sort of. As I write this I am renderin a short sneek-peek of a documentary I am working on to upload to Flickr.

The first thing to note is that Flickr is not becoming a YouTube. You can only upload 90 seconds of video. While YouTube, MetaCafe, etc... users may find this useless for video I think it will be useful in the photography world.

Why? Because a lot of my documentaries have photos with music. This can take photographers into a new realm of people "seeing" their images. The old "Ken Burns" effect could possibly take over Flickr. Hmmm maybe I should start a Ken Burns group real quick...

Anyway if photographers grasp this concept I think they can take their photos to a new level.

Earl B

0 comments:

Post a Comment