Thursday, April 03, 2008

Thousands hit by Brazil outbreak of dengue - CNN.com

Thousands hit by Brazil outbreak of dengue - CNN.com

I can certainly feel for these people. I am still recovering from my bout with Dengue fever.

In Sepetember of 2007 I caught Dengue fever in Jamaica shooting some humanitarian documentary footage in eastern Jamaica. I did not get 'sick' til I got home and ran high fevers and severe body aches.

It took me researching the CDC website to find out what I had. After I got home the CDC issued an alert about Dengue fever in Jamaica 'after' I was there. Apparently the outbreak occurred due to the water and mosquito problems after Hurricane Dean.

Anyway, I am still slowly recovering from Dengue. It can take many months to fully get over the disease.

Earl B

visit http://www.earlb.com/ for my travel documentary and dispatches

0 comments:

Post a Comment