Friday, January 09, 2009

Official SirJager Final College Football Rankings

Here is the final SirJager College Football Standings.

Here's the real deal people. No one has paid me off so here's the true unbiased rankings for the year!

1. Utah
2. Florida
3. Texas
4. T - Oklahoma/Alabama
6. USC 

Utah is undefeated. You really can't make an argument there unless you want a playoff system. Florida is #2 as they did lose to Ole Miss and the QB teared up during an interview. Oklahoma and Alabama tied at fourth. Again what can you say have a playoff system. Alabama only loss was to the #1 and #2 team and Oklahoma did hang with Florida.

The final game was not very impressive, at least through the first three quarters as I went to bed. I expected two power houses to come out and go all out for #1.

ESPN headlines had Florida as "Chompions". How long did it take to make that crap up? In the back of their minds they still want USC to be #1 but just couldn't muster up the kahunas to put them there this year.

Next year? Who knows. The only thing I can say is, I wish Boise State would get a new field. How annoying is that thing?

Final Note: Not happy with the rankings? I have a paypal account email me and I'll see what I can do.

1 comments:

Unknown January 9, 2009 at 8:46 PM  

E,
I'm with you. You hit it right on the head therefore, I look forward to you providing season long sports analysis next year!

Screw the playoff system, it will never happen however, why not add another bowl game to the season. How about a USC vs. SEC bowl? I think Tampax would be a great sponsor for USC. ESPN is to USC as NBC is to Notre Dame... a joke.

Finally, if there is one thing I think everyone in college football can agree on is, there needs to be a write in campaign started for a "green" Boise State field. That thing IS atrocious.

Post a Comment