Friday, December 26, 2008

Reliving the Flexy Racer


A few months ago I blogged about a sled with wheels I had when I was a kid. It was called a Flexy Racer. I have received a few emails and comments on the Flexy Racer so I thought I would post a link back to that article in case anyone got a Flexy Racer for Christmas.

Actually these days Flexy Racers would be completely outlawed and possibly only seen on some Jack Ass movie or stupid tricks for MTV show. I really don't know how we survived those days. Not sure what a Flexy Racer is? Just click the link below.

And if you did get one for Christmas you might want to consider the gift givers real intentions.

http://thejagergazette.blogspot.com/2008/09/rocket-wings-hah-i-had-flexy-racer.html

5 comments:

Amphion September 10, 2009 at 10:35 AM  

I owned a Flexy when I was a kid in the fifties. I played with it all the time, whizzing down the hill on our street. I never got hurt riding on it.
Strangely, a couple nights ago I dreamed that I went over 200 miles an hour on a Flexy. I don't think I ever dreamed of my Flexy before.

Anonymous,  November 8, 2010 at 11:05 PM  

One of my brothers received a Flexy for Christmas in 1951. We lived in San Francisco, so we had many hills to go down. I,age 6, would ride on the back of one of my brothers and watch the bushes and driveways zoom passed as we went down the sidewalk. One day I rode it into our street and was hit by a car. I received a broken arm and a huge bruise on my leg. The Flexy "mysteriously" disappeared after that. I loved that Flexy and would continue to ride on a friend's. I had caring parents, but in the 50's kids were given a lot of freedom.

Unknown December 18, 2010 at 12:15 PM  

I survived my Flexy, I used to ride it on a dead end street that was a large hill, it stopped a lake. If one rode that thing on a busy street it was a death sentence, as you were less than 15 inches off the ground.
I still have it all these years later. Come to think of it, my folks took out a $10,000 life insurance policy on me right about the same time....hmmm.

Anonymous,  April 22, 2011 at 8:22 AM  

I, too, received one for Christmas back in the 1950's. I loved it and rode it often. However, one day while wearing my FAVORITE skirt/matching top, the skirt got caught under a wheel and ripped. Tamme

Jesse,  August 5, 2011 at 9:52 PM  

Oh, yeah. That was FUN. It was more exciting to sit on it and steer with my feet. That way no brakes and higher center of gravity (so more danger) but flat on my stomach was fun, too!

Post a Comment